Business Consultant IoT (Transmission & Distribution)
• Value realization professional capable to drive business cases focused on targeting & delivering significant values and drive value led transformations for T&D Utility’s clients.
• Able to integrate our digital assets, software and services like cloud, IOT, mobility and analytics to help our clients unleash the power of digital to drive growth & create new value services for T&D business
• Having strong T&D system design, operation & maintenance having experience in diagnosing & analyzing network or outage events, power quality or system disturbances and areas for reliability improvements in the network.
• Seeking performers to join our growing IOT team to drive digital T&D business growth. The candidate will play a significant role for North America based T&D Utility’s market in
o T&D IOT offer definition and positioning with the Utility’s
o Technical sales support, sales tool and collateral creation
o T&D IOT solutions and services presentation and demo
o Managing the client’s higher management and work level team
• Drive strategic revenue by working with customers on transformational business activities and provide ongoing support for the commercial launch of IoT solutions, solution architecture and product consulting strategy in support of Utilities Vertical.
• Experienced in T&D Utilities preferably with N. American Utilities
• Experience in Smart Grid, Grid Management solutions implementation SCADA, Integration with GIS, Automation, Smart Metering and Self-Healing networks and other Innovation in T&D
• Strong technology marketing and analytical skills. Root cause and failure mode effective analysis of equipment towards enhancing availability, efficiency and reliability of assets. Preventive predictive maintenance based condition monitoring.
• Prior experience delivering complex / IoT solutions and market expertise in Utilities vertical.
• Professional presentation and communication skills to address all levels of the enterprise to include client senior executives.
• Ability to create excellent working relationships with diverse teams and job functions throughout the organization. .
Digital transformation lies at the intersection of customer experience and operational excellence and trying to capture & drive the Digital Transformation Industry. In this role the candidate will be in a prominent position within the front end of the company’s IoT strategy. Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Responsible for the acquisition and management of IoT solution & services – identification, assessment and capable to analyze the complex business problems for the Utilities client.
• Provide subject matter expertise for each of the IoT solutions while integrating customer’s business drivers focused on IoT technical solution sets.
• Identify and engage with early adopter opportunities for IoT – PaaS solutions.
• Review and analyze current client’s technology infrastructure while identifying, proposing IoT strategies, and deploying and supporting critical IoT solutions
• Translate customer business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements.
• Collaborate with geography sales teams to develop and execute on T&D Utilities solutions.
• Support the development and implementation of new business opportunities
• Develop and/or maintain expertise in the assigned IoT solution.
• Effectively support the sales teams with technical presentations and demonstrations.
• Provide guidance for responses to RFI/RFP/RFQs.
• Drive positive customer experience and with the sales teams.
• Drive adoption of IoT PaaS solutions both internally and externally.
• Provide feedback to PM throughout the customer acquisition and COTS as well as in house built IoT product delivery process.
• Enable sales teams through knowledge transfer and training.
• Manage solution lifecycle and field support from pilot to commercial adoption.
• Assist in the evaluation of new solutions for integration into the IoT Roadmap/Strategy.
• Lead the field testing of the PaaS solution(s) prior to market launch.
• Systems integration background and/or strategy consulting, preferably in IoT
• Strong understanding of IoT ecosystems and platform services
• Industry knowledge preferences: Utilities – Power, Gas & Water
• Demonstrated success as a self-starter
• Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
• Strong problem-solving, Analytical & Business acumen skills
• Ability to create consensus among different stakeholders
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to the project/application stakeholders. Fluency in English is must.
• Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience working in T&D Utilities
• 5+ years of experience in IOT solution development/ technical sales in the asset intensive industries
IoT, Internet of Things, Transmission & Distribution, Smart Grid, Digital Utility, Grid Analytics, Cloud, Utility’s Digital transformation
1. Does the candidate understand the Electricity Transmission and Distribution business up to detailed business process level?
2. Has the candidate worked on IoT projects or solution development in Transmission & Distribution business?
3. Is candidate understand North America T&D Utility market well?
4. Has the candidate played the role of a Solutions or technical sales lead or Solution Architect before in IoT area?
5. Has the candidate worked with any of the COTS IoT products?
6. Has the candidate worked in Cloud solutions relevant to Utilities Vertical / Grid Management preferred?
Business Consultant IoT (Transmission & Distribution)