The Business Development Manager position is a key senior sales role within the Energy & Resources (E&R) sales team for North America, responsible for executing regional sales and business development strategies. The candidate would be primarily playing a hunter role, responsible for securing new clients into the company, expanding business development activities selling the company’s entire portfolio of IT Outsourcing services, Consulting, Products, BPO and Platform Services for oil and gas companies who are in the North American Markets.
This professional will focus on oil / gas transportation companies. This sector also includes all oil and gas majors for upstream, midstream and downstream business operations.
The position’s primary responsibility for the selected candidate is to achieve new OBV targets for the company’s services and products sold to the selected Oil and Gas target companies. The candidate will develop revenue-producing relationships with decision-making CxO level executives at leading Oil and Gas firms, as well as drive the sales cycle of all assigned sales opportunities from initial prospect communication through contract execution working along with Pre-Sales & Solution Development team(s) onsite and offshore. Incumbent will oversee the entire sales effort from initial contact to bidding to negotiation of contracts to launch of actual services.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets established by the Head- Sales, E&R; and execute business development, offering positioning and sales strategies as a member of the E&R sales team for North America.
- Achieve lead generation, prospecting and other sales management goals designed to build an optimal sales channel.
- Personally develop strong, long-term relationships and referrals with senior management at leading North American Oil and Gas companies, upstream oil and gas services companies (exploration and development), midstream (refineries), and downstream (retail operations) for selected targets on the E&R global approved client target list. Also develop relationships with selected regulators, oil and gas industry leaders, regulators, and other influential stakeholders.
- Manage the end-to-end sales process for all QUALIFIED opportunities including initial client communication, on-site presentations, RFI response, multi-day client workshops, RFP submission, negotiation and deal signing. The candidate is the focal point for all communication and sales activities with prospects and customers.
- Work in close collaboration with the company’s presales team & delivery teams to ensure that proposed offerings and services fully meet customers’ business and technology needs.
- Provide leadership to customers during initial phases of an engagement. Follow up and ensure total client satisfaction through the life cycle of the relationship.
- Identify and develop potential alliance partnerships and seek out new market and product growth areas.
- Support the team’s market research and competitive positioning analysis in partnership with regional presales, marketing and product development staff. Also contribute to the continued enhancement of software product development and product management.
- Adhere to all the company Sales, Human Resource, and corporate ethical policies, standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrate strong personal communication and presentation skills to establish interest, credibility and trust.